Gluten Free Recipes
Clean. Simple. Delicious
“Food is Essential to Life, Therefore make it GOOD”
Vegan Banana French Toast
Makes 4-5 servings
1 ripe banana
1 cup of rice milk
1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
8-10 slices gluten free bread (2 slices per serving)
1. Place banana, rice milk, flaxseed, cinnamon and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Allow to sit and thicken slightly while you heat non stick pan over medium.
3. Pour batter into shallow dish, then place one piece of bread as a time in batter. Allow to soak 30 secs until saturated but not soggy.
4. Grease pan using either coconut oil or sunflower oil (do this with every piece of bread)
5. Place battered bread in pan and brown both sides about 2 mins per side
6. Sever warm and top with fresh fruit or 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
Peanut Butter OverNight Oats
Makes 1-2 Servings
1/2 cup unsweetened Plain almond milk
3/4 tsp chia seed
2 tbsp natural salted almond butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup gluten free oats
Slices bananas, strawberries or raspberries
Flaxseeds or chia seeds
Gluten free granola (Kind)
1. In a small bowl or mason jar, ass almond milk, chia seeds, PB and maple syrup. Stir or shake to combine
2. Add oats and stir few more times, then press down with spoons ensure oats have been moistened and are immersed in almond milk.
3. Cover securely with lid or plastic wrap and set in refrigerator 6 hours or over night.
4. Open and enjoy as is or garnish with desire/toppings
*Overnight oars will keeping refrigerator for up to 2 days but are best within the first 12-24 hours.*
Fried Rice and Chicken
Makes 6 servings
3 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
2 large eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp dark sesame oil
1 1/2 cups (about 10oz) chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
3/4 cup chosen onions
1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
4 cups of brown rice, cooked
1/2 cup green onions, sliced, plus additional for garnish
2-3 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
1. Heat large saucepan or wok to medium and add 1 tsp olive oil
2. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, water and salt and pepper (to taste) until eggs are fluffy and pale yellow.
3. Add egg mixture to pan and cook until the top begins to set, about 3 mins
4. Cover an cook until eggs are completely set and are beginning to bubble, about 2-3 mins. Remove from heat
Sweet Potato Chips and Guacamole Makes 2 servings
1 sweet potato
2 tbs of chopped red pepper
2 tbs of chopped opnions
2 tbs of chopped tomatoes
Fresh lime juice
1 tsp Olive oil
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Wash sweet potato and slice very thin. Mix sweet potato slices in a bowl with olive oil and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Place on aluminum paper and place in oven until slices are done and crispy. Take avocado, red peppers, onions, tomatoes and mix in bowl. Add sprinkle of salt and pepper, squeeze 2 tsp of fresh lime juice and a few cilantro leaves. Mix all ingredients and enjoy